Saturday, September 3, 2011

On My Way Home

My last day in Copenhagen. I'm going home tomorrow one day earlier than I originally planned. I ostensibly moved up my departure so I would have an extra day at home to get ready for Liz and Giul's arrival. But really it was nearly ten days of eating dinner by myself that was starting to get to me.

This trip has been a strange experience. I feel so lucky that I can do this--take off by myself to somewhere far away where I've never been. It's an exhilarating feeling. I revel in my confidence and freedom. But then there are times when I miss my travel companion very much. I keep thinking how much Steve would have enjoyed this trip. He'd be stopping for hotdogs on the street, knocking back beers in the outdoor cafes, soaking up the vibe. Well I haven't had a hotdog. I'm drinking wvery not beer but I am definitely soaking up the vibe.

No comments: