Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Update

Whoa! I am having an amazing week. First off on Friday night--the Women's Medical Fund annual One Night Only event which this year attracted over 325 guests and raised nearly $60,000!! I am totally in shock from the response this year. My only regret that I did not win the tutored tasting from Moore Brothers. I was so looking forward to another evening of drinking good wine with good friends. Oh well, I'll just have to buy more raffle tickets next year.

Saturday night--nothing special except if you count making an amazing dinner just for me and my husband. Pasta with zucchini and shitake mushrooms and my new favorite salad of kale with grated ricotta salata and a dressing of oil, lemon and shallot. Very delicious. We dine by candlelight--very romantic.

Sunday we go to pick up the kids after their marathon bike ride fur for MS--75 miles from the city to the shore. I am in awe of their accomplishment--and their outfits--especially since, I must confess, I never learned how to ride a bike. Many memories of my dad pushing me down the alley behind our house but with always the same result--crash! Sad to say, I think it's too late for me to get up on to two wheels.

Monday morning I begin my Italian intensive class--one week for three and a half hours of Italian language. Somehow I find myself way over my head in the advanced class struggling to understand whatever the teacher is saying since he speaks molte veloce. Truly a humiliating and humbling experience. Lots of no lo so, no lo so (translation: I don't know it, I don't know it.) Hate to give in but tomorrow I may opt for the intermediate class and, hopefully, a slower pace.

Tomorrow, Steve leaves for 10 days in Italy without me. For some reason I still haven't been able to discern, I don't feel like getting on a plane and meeting him in Italy. It's a weird feeling--not wanting to travel, especially to Italy, but I'm going with it or rather I'm not going with him.

No comments: