Friday, October 30, 2009

How To Watch a Baseball Game

Well, history was made last night. I don't mean the Phillies playing back to back in the World Series. I mean I watched the whole game--3 and 1/2 hours!--at home alone. When I say I watched the whole game I don't mean I sat in front of the TV for all that time. But the TV was definitely on and there were periods when I sat on the sofa and watched a bunch of guys do a lot of vigorous spitting and chewing. Yuck! I would hate to be the one mopping up the floors in those dugouts.

In between my sit down sessions, I kept busy--doing laundry, filing my nails, checking email or playing scrabble on the computer and even giving myself a facial. But after completing every task, I circled back to the room with the TV to spend some time rooting for the home team. My father and brother, both die hard baseball fans, would have been proud.

No comments: