Friday, December 23, 2011

To EBook or Not to EBook

Well, I have read my first ebook and I am not impressed. 

As an experiment, I downloaded the next Kinsey Milhone mystery, "V for Vengeance," on my IPad so I could read it in Jamaica.  Even though "V for Vengeance" was just a mystery and not "serious literature", i.e. perfect vacation reading, I felt like I was doing something trivial and silly by carelessly flipping those pages on the IPad with my finger.  I mean this is the same device I use to play way too many games of Boggle.  I definitely see the convenience for travel even though I restrict myself to paperbacks when I pack for a trip.  But for sure I'm not planning to give up the printed page.  There's nothing quite like snuggling into a nest of pillows on a day bed set on a shady veranda in Jamaica overlooking the ocean with a good BOOK propped up on my lap.

No comments: