Sunday, December 18, 2011

My New Role Model

I want to be Claudette Colbert.  I watched her today on Turner Classic Movies in "Since You Went Away," as the brave and beautiful Anne Hilton whose husband is away at war leaving her alone to take care of the family in his absence.  We never see him in the movie.  It's all Claudette.  She is adorable and perky and positive and a good and understanding parent to her two daughters.  She never loses her sense of humor or compassion for others and she rarely shows her grief and loneliness.  I loved her and the movie although both made me cry.  I know it isn't easy to be brave, to try to be good all by yourself.  I was really glad at the end when she got the phone call that her husband was alive and coming home.  That's how it happens in the movies, just not in real life.

No comments: