Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weather Report

It’s hard not to feel positive and upbeat when the weather is as beautiful as it is today—bright sun, clear air, perfect temperature for strolling around. So I am. . . feeling upbeat and positive. Maybe it’s because I got an unconscionable amount of sleep this weekend, staying in bed until at least 10 am on both mornings, a definite record breaker for me. I was staying in a cozy and comfortable bedroom at the house of friends in the Hudson Valley. No contractors to wake up to, no gym to rush out to to. A very welcome and much needed respite for me at this time of my life.

It’s amazing to me how volatile my moods are. One day I feel like I am pressed flat on my back on the floor, the weight of my life holding me down. Too many decisions to make, too many uncertainties to face, too many questions swirling around in my brain.

And then there’s a day like today. I feel lightweight, buoyant, ready for any challenge. Reminder to self: Remember that feeling when I’m down on the floor again.

No comments: