Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Night Before

It's Erev Thanksgiving.  I'm sitting with a glass of wine taking a break.  My new audio/video system is blasting Lew Rawls. The tables are set in the living with china, silver, candles and flowers and looking very beautiful.  My turkey is sitting in the refrigerator and I am trying to figure out whether there is any way I can make room in there for the stuffing if I make it tonight.   This is definitely the one time of year when I wish I had one of those giant refrigerators. 

I'm thinking a lot about my mom tonight and my brother too.  I miss them a lot this time of year.  My family is so pitifully small now.  It feels very lonely up here at the top of the family tree without them. I'm holding all of them inside of me--my mom, my dad, my brother and now Steve, too.  They make me strong.

No comments: