Thursday, November 3, 2011

In My Shoes

In a former life--the same life when I used to wear suits--I used to wear high heels. I wore them to the office during the day as part of my Professional Persona. I wore them out at night to parties. Rows of my shoe closet were dedicated to “going out to dinner shoes” as somebody once called them. That meant shoes not meant for walking or even dancing but sitting at a dinner table showing off sexy looking legs.

Well, those days are long over. Not to say that I don’t still go to parties just not very often in full regalia. (And I like to think I still have sexy looking legs.) But as of last night those shoes were still in my closet. I wasn’t ready to part with them even though there was no way I could put them on even if I had an occasion to wear them.

So last night I finally said goodby with no regret and, in fact, a great deal of satisfaction. I have found them a good home with someone who really appreciates their value and, most importantly, whose legs look fantastic wearing them. Everyone, shoes and new owner, are going to be very happy.

No comments: