Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weather

I love when this happens: it's a beautiful sunny day. I do my laundry in the morning and hang it on the line to dry. In the afternoon I take a yoga class with Maura on the deck and then a long walk with Jane. Around 6 0' clock I pour myself a class of wine and contemplate taking a shower. Then suddenly it all changes. I hear thunder. The lake turns into an ocean and whitecaps smash over the dock. The wind bends the trees almost horizontal. I see lightening and the sky gets dark. Finally the rain comes in huge sheets soaking the deck and I have to rush to close the windows. I sit on my bed, nestled in my pillows, and watch the weather move across the lake. The deck is littered with leaves and pine needles. I can still hear a distant rumble of thunder. The rain is slowly tapering off and the wind is silent. It's just 7 o'clock and I am sure we will have a sunset tonight.

No comments: