Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On My Own

I am on the move again. This has been a wild, free wheeling summer, finding me all over the place and rarely settling down. Maine, Montana, Cartagena with the girls, back to Maine, down to Jamaica with Liz and Giul and then on to the weirdness of Southern California. I've barely had time to enjoy my new, luxurious bathroom or stretch out with a book on my futon in my newly expanded study. Saturday I head back up to Maine where I will stay until some time in August when the spirit moves me to move on or not. Who knows? Such freedom comes with a price, of course. I am on my own, no faithful, long time travel companion with which to consult, bemoan or enjoy each new experience. Most days I think I can do this, no problem. I'm full of energy, looking forward to moving forward. Other days, I'm not so sure. Keep breathing, I say, keep moving.

No comments: