Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowbound

It's 8 o'clock Thursday night and it's still snowing. The city is eerily quiet and beautifully white. I've spent the day holed up in my study doing puzzles, reading, surfing the internet and listening over and over again to Sade's new album (I like it!) and wondering when it would be time to have a glass of wine. Four clock, too early, five o'clock, better not but six o'clock, YES! If I were in Maine where it's not snowing (isn't that weird) I'd be sitting in front the fire, reading, doing puzzles and eating pretzels. Fortunately, we have no pretzels here. Steve ate them all.

It's hard to believe but on Monday, we head down to Jamaica for a month in the sun. Jamaica, even the idea of Jamaica, seems very far away now that we are in full winter wonderland mode. Just imagine: I'll soon be wearing shorts and a tshirt, swimming in the warm ocean, sleeping under an mosquito net. Seems an impossible dream right now.

1 comment:

Toni G said...

Keep us posted when you 'switch gears'