Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of the State of

I've been scouring the blogs all day off and on trying to get a handle on last night's SOTU by Obama. This commentator comes the closest to what I am thinking.

I watched President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech ready to fall in love again or to wage war. I came out cautiously optimistic but afraid to be burned yet again, encouraged and yet disappointed, all at the same time. Perhaps that is a fitting response to a man who has the capacity to engender so much hope in a truly flawed political system, making disappointment inevitable.

You can read more here.

I almost didn't watch the speech. Too many bad memories of Dubya spouting inanities and lies on national TV. But Steve, without his hearing aids, had the TV blasting at full volume and despite my original protestations I was drawn in. Obama is just so smart and so compelling and so rational. I guess I not ready to quit either.

No comments: