Friday, February 26, 2010

Wild Weather

My dream in coming to Jamaica, outside of course from spending quality time with my darling daughter, was to escape winter. I had visions of coming home to no more snow, my uggs in storage, and warming temperatures. Doesn't look like that will be happening now in Philadelphia, suddenly the snow capitol of the world.

We've been having our bout of weird and wild weather here in Treasure Beach. Not that I'm complaining, I'm still able to work on my tan. The other night we woke up around 3 to an sound and light show--an incredible thunder and lightening storm which roared overhead for a good hour or so and set the ocean roaring at top volume. We huddled in our bed wondering if a tidal wave was going to be rushing in over the veranda any minute to wash us out to sea.

Ever since then, the skies haven been clear and sunny but the wind has been blowing at top speed and nights have been positively Maine-like in temperature. Beautiful.

2 comments:

sanaya said...

global wierding!

Toni G said...

same here in Sarasota, FL. Never have experienced this unusual weather pattern in 21 years. Your description of howling winds and growling ocean reminded me of when we lived in Puerto Rico, I, at first, was frightened but then fascinated by the frantic swaying of the palm trees as they bent toward the Atlantic Ocean which was churning its way to our front door. A welcome respite from the intense heat of the Caribbean but in today's global weather confusion, it's no longer unusual. A mystery indeed but maybe Mother Nature was aided by Space Exploration all those years ago or perhaps just another cycle of life and living. To be continued I guess. Keep a 'floatie' in your room just in case!!