Thursday, February 18, 2010

Treasure Beach

At the risk of appearing way smug and self satisfied, I must confess that I am blissfully enjoying doing absolutely nothing in sunny and warm Treasure Beach, Jamaica. I feel a little bit like a refugee from a war zone having endured two blizzards in one week but I'm happy to report that I am not suffering from post tramatic stress disorder. The sun and the sea and rum and ting are remarkably healing.

We are living in Shakti Home, a charming cottage right on the beach about a 15 minute walk from Liz and Giul's little house. We are being waited on by Audrey, an amazing cook, and Sheldon, whose main job, it seems is to bring Steve fresh coconut water every day.

We go to sleep lulled by the sound of the sea. Steve takes a morning dip in the ocean. We sit on the veranda and watch the sun move across the sky. Last night's sunset was amazing. My biggest decision is what to read next. I am dutifully speed reading my way through "The Guns of August" and looking forward to a fat, juicy novel next.

I have met Pella, the newest member of our family, and have totally bonded. Liz and Giul are very good parents but then she is an adorable child.

1 comment:

Toni G said...

talk about Heaven on Earth.......WOW and ENJOY

but, who exactly is Pella???