Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reality Sucks

Okay, I'm back to reality. What does that mean? Well, for one, my Uggs are now permanently attached to my feet. I'm off to the gym or yoga everyday and my alcohol consumption is way down. (No fresh passion fruit capirhinias served here.)

But what that phrase really means is that I can't avoid the awful reality of American politics, a game where winning the vote is everything and actual service to the voters counts for nothing. It's sort of like football. Everyone cheering wildly on the sidelines for their favorite team to win, win, win while totally disregarding the cost to players' long term health and sanity. (Well, maybe that's not a great analogy but somehow I feel there's a connection somewhere.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those pics are amazing.