Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last Day

Our last day in Maine and, yes, it's another classic blue sky/fresh air/acres of diamonds kind of day. I took one more long run down the road and got a picture perfect view of the whole presidential range at the turn on the way back. No snow yet on the top of Mt. Washington. I'll hold that view in my head when I'm back in the city and jogging down Spruce Street.

I stayed up late last night in front of the fire finishing my book--another serious tome about Nazi Germany. I didn't want to schlep it and its depressing subject matter home. I didn't dream about Hitler, thank goodness. Instead I had a beautiful dream about my brother. Steve and I were traveling together on a bus and when we got to where we were going I suddenly found Max, looking young and healthy and wearing a beautiful blue shirt, the color of the sky. We hugged and kissed and I kept exclaiming, "He's here! He's not lost." The dream woke me up but I closed my eyes immediately and willed myself to go back to sleep where I could see him again.

No comments: