Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dreamland

I love to dream. Good thing, too, because I dream a lot. Epic dreams shot in technicolor with lots of characters in complicated plots and lots of action. Sometimes I wake up exhausted from my night's dreaming--so much energy and creativity expended to bring me my nightly feature entertainment. I'm writer, actor, director, set designer, costume designer, producer all rolled into one.

I love, too, how dreams are such a compilation of seemingly random details retrieved from deep within my mental storage cabinets. The raw material I have at my disposal each night is endless and the freedom to use it is boundless. Such power I can exercise--bring people that I have loved back to life, kill others off with impunity.

All that doesn't necessarily make for restful sleep every night but I would hate to give up my capacity to dream.

No comments: