Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did!

Trite but true: Words cannot express the joy, the amazement, the happiness and, above all, the relief I feel today.

Barack Hussein Obama will be the next President of the United States of America.


We watched the returns come in, hardly believing what we were seeing but when the fairy tale ended with the wicked old ogre banished from the kingdom and the handsome young prince smiling in triumph, we ran out onto Broad Street and cheered and cried and felt proud to be a witness to this incredible story.

1 comment:

Sheila McDonald said...

I felt like it was Christmas Day from the moment I awoke yesterday. I cried this morning seeing the rerun on CSPAN. I agree with everything you say except I don't think McCain is a "wicked old ogre" and I just had to say that. And I'm not aggravated at the people who voted for McCain; I'm just darn glad there were many more voting for Obama. What I love about President Obama is that it won't be "us" against "them"; it will be "all for one and one for all."