Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bragging Rights

How do you cook for e a party of 50 people? Well, thanks to my daughter I learned the secret. You turn on VH1 Soul on the TV and don't turn it off until the job is done.

This weekend I had the honor of assisting Liz aka Ms. Sweet Pea Nourishment as she prepared the food for a large party in honor of the Wilma Theater's 30th anniversary. My job was easy--I provided the kitchen and some four hours of slicing and dicing but Liz worked throughout the weekend creating a fantastic menu that used all organic ingredients sourced from local farms in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

By Sunday morning, my refrigerator was bursting with good things all ready to be assembled for the party.



By Sunday evening, it had returned to its normal state--bottles of water, some ancient containers of olives of and random bits of cheese.