Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Preparing for Super Bowl

I woke up in a good mood this morning. Don’t know why. It certainly wasn’t the amount of sleep I got. And it’s not the lovely weather we’re having. Maybe its because I had a dream about Steve last night. We were arguing but happily. Isn’t that what married people do? Actually, I was nagging him about his eating, berating him for filling our refrigerator with large amounts of chocolate milk and pepperoni. What a combination. And he was promising, promising, promising to not overdo it. I almost believed him.

I must have been thinking of his annual Super Bowl cholesterol fest in Maine. His cronies are heading up there tomorrow, blizzard permitting, to continue the tradition. When he left for the weekend I would always tell Steve, “Don’t overdo it.” “Don’t worry,” he’d say to me. “We eat lots of salad.” I never believed him.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I say the same exact thing to Pop Stan...those men! I'm just happy he's going.