Sunday, February 6, 2011

Epic



We had an epic party this weekend for Eric and Amira. I didn’t go to bed until 4 am. And I remember everything. . .at least I think I do.

The apartment was filled with over 90 people. We danced until 2:30. We drank a lot but nobody got wasted, just happy. The “Amira,” a lovely mix of champagne and elderflower liqueur is now my favorite drink of all time.

It felt weird but wonderful to be celebrating without Steve, so often the life of the party, the center of attention. He would have been so happy talking to everyone—Amira’s family, Eric’s family and especially all the young people. But it felt good to know I could do it alone, that people would still come to the apartment to have fun. Life does go on. This morning I had the hangover to prove it.

1 comment:

16X96 said...

Amira and Eric's party at your home was a life sustaining experience for me. Later Eric told me how extraordinary it was for him to be in your home without Steve and with so many people from his family and Amira's family. The experience was not only brim full of talk, music, dance, food and drink but like life itself, ending and replenishing at the same time. Thanks again for the opportunity to be in a place vibrating with life just as it hums with the memory of those who have gone on before us. The Greeks, of course, had a name for it. But I am too old just now to remember it! Love, Eric's dad, Sam Mosca