Sunday, November 28, 2010

Post Turkey

I survived Thanksgiving. I feel relieved, tired, cautiously optimistic sort of how I felt after taking an exam in college after having stayed up all night to study, seeing the questions, writing the essay and thinking this is going turn out alright. Maybe not an easy A but definitely more than passable. Somewhere during the process, automatic pilot kicks in and you can't help but do what you have to do.

It definitely helped having the house full of people, all thinking the same thing: Where the hell is Steve?

Sometimes I feel like I am starring in a reality TV show, "Widowhood: The First Year." This weekend's episode was "The First Thanksgiving Alone." She laughs, she cries, she gets lots of flowers. This week, the story moves to London, where our fearless heroine is taking her first solo vacation since losing her husband. How will she feel? What will she do? Stay tuned for the next dramatic episode.

No comments: