Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On the Water

There is something to be said for large families. Right now I’m feeling that my family is pitifully small. This past weekend Liz and Giul went out to see Moses in Utah. Being there just the four of us felt a little like being stranded on a desert island with no chance of rescue.

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving when the house will be filled with family and friends who are like family. Maybe then I won’t feel so alone. Right now I feel like the captain of a very small ship who has to navigate across a very large ocean without much help. I'm doing it but I feel the weight of the responsibility to keep everyone safe.

2 comments:

AlwaysTheJam said...

Anytime you need a break, feel free to hitch your boat to ours and we can tow you along for a while.Maybe even have a couple drinks in the galley.

Toni G said...

you now will know the literal meaning of the word "matriarch" you are IT. I eased my way into it but it has defined itself in your case while you were not looking. You will be fine !!!!!! It might even provide some direction in your new persona. You can shape it any way you want.......you're also now the boss! xo