Monday, October 11, 2010

Moving Forward

I am so tired of being a widow. It’s really depressing and I don’t like being sad all the time. I have to remember that before this happened, I often looked forward to being alone, that I treasured the time I spent with just myself, that I valued my privacy maybe sometimes too much. Haven’t I always bragged about having a room of my own, a space that is just for me, where even Steve had to be invited in.

So from now on I am going to consider myself a single woman who was lucky enough to have been married for 41 years to an always interesting, often challenging but always loving man. For 41 years as a married woman, I led an extraordinarily full and rich life with that man. Now I have to make a full and rich life for myself.

I know I can do it. As Steve always said, “A busy person is a happy person. I intend to keep busy.

1 comment:

Toni G said...

I'm thinking that whatever is most comfortable for you to get through this period is what you need to do. Good Luck with the transition....and yes, keep busy definitely.