Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A New Leaf

I am going on a "new regime." (BTW, this was a favorite phrase of my mother's usually accompanied by a pointed finger for emphasis, and most likely aimed at my dad or my brother and me.)

For the rest of the summer, I vow to read only fiction--no more weighty tomes about world wars and world problems and corrupt p0liticians. The Big Event is just one month away and I only want positive vibes flowing my way. (God knows the weather isn't helping. We are back in the tunnel of grey and wet.) That is not to say that Danielle Steele is now on my reading list. I do have standards and a tradition to uphold. I am the proud daughter of a mother who kept a copy of "Pride and Prejudice" in her bathroom for when the occasion demanded a good long read.

No comments: