Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Nearly Perfect Start of the Day

This is the way to start a day especially a beautiful sunny one--at last, at last!--overlooking a crystal clear lake, surrounded by pine trees.

First item on the agenda--have a fresh fruit smoothie, my newest passion. Thanks to the gift of a fabulous and powerful blender, I am whipping up delicious tasting and deliciously colored concoctions on a daily basis. This morning's treat was made of strawberries, peaches, orange and banana but others have featured blueberries or kiwis or cantelope or raspberries, whatever is on hand.

Second activity--a one on one yoga session. (Yes, I am following in my daughter's footsteps but isn't it wonderful when your grown children can introduce you to something new.) This session takes place on the dock with the sun beating down on us and a steady breeze cooling us down. How beautiful it is to do yoga looking out over the lake! In fact, it almost seems at times as if I am floating on the lake since the water level is so high from all the rain we've had. Ah, namaste.

Now, it's just 2 o'clock in the afternoon. The rest of the day stretches ahead of me, all blue and gold and green. Shall I go for a run, find a tennis game or just settle down on the deck and begin to read Middlemarch?

1 comment:

Toni G said...

I have been introduced to that very same something new (yoga) by my children......and have accepted the introduction but no engagement announcement yet. Glad you are loving it........looking forward to those glorious horizons you visit each day.