Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ten Reasons Why I Hate Winter

1. It's cold and I can no longer wear my fur coat without experiencing shame and disapproval. (But it's so warm and soft and cuddly.)
2. I can't wear flip flops.
3. There are no tomatoes, at least ones worth eating.
4. It gets dark way too early. I'm ready to have a glass of wine but then realize it's only 5 o'clock. Uh oh.
5. My lips are permanently chapped.
6. All outdoor sports call for far too much clothing. Who wants to bother.
7. I hate long underwear. It makes me feel fat.
8. I don't eat beef stew.
9. My best friend goes away to Telluride for 3 and a half months. It's beautiful there but I don't ski so what's the point of going.
10. I'm always losing gloves.

1 comment:

Jeelu said...

VASELINE TUBE FOR THE LIPS A MUST....
Agree on all else. too bad you're not addicted to gardening catalogues. It's the only time of year that I actually look at them.
:)