Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Global Christmas

I've traveled around the world for Christmas this year. After seeing Steve off to Hawaii, I took a tour of Mumbai, India while watching Slumdog Millionare along with every other Jew in center city Philadelphia or so it seemed. I'm sure most of them were headed off to Chinatown for dinner but I tramped back updown for an Israeli hummus and tahini sandwich at the Maccabean, the only restaurant I saw open on my walk home. I enjoyed my sandwich with a glass of Italian wine while reading a Southeast Asian cookbook. Now I'm cuddled up in my study about to watch a film by the German director Werner Herzog Aquirre or The Wrath of God, which takes place in Peru. By the way, I'll be watching this film on my computer thanks to Netfix's latest offering, instant movies on demand. Cool!

No comments: