Sunday, July 27, 2008

Un Notte alla Citta con mia Figlia


I'm back on Spruce for a few days where's it's hot and sultry and I'm alone in my dark and chilly air conditioned apartment. I venture out to go the gym, of course, and to hang out whenever I can with my darling daughter, the real reason I came home. Last night, she hosted a BBQ at her little house so that everyone could see the ENORMOUS sycamore tree which took up most of her backyard and which blew over in a storm earlier this week. It now lies dramatically across several neighbor's backyards, a monument to the power of Mother Nature even in the heart of the city.

It was a beautiful night and Miss Sweet Pea Nourishment set out a lovely spread on her now shadeless deck--fresh watermelon and mint juice to mix with vodka or rum, savory crostini and yummy dips with home made pita chips. Later there were grilled burgers and portabellos with a selection of salads but I never made it that far. I skipped right to dessert--a luscious fruit tart, a juicy berry pie and chocolate mint brownies all accompanied by mint flavored whipped cream.

Such a hostess. My mom would be proud.

No comments: