Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Alternative Reality

Clearly, I live in an alternative reality.  One where this is no such thing as "legitimate rape," a truly horrid phrase that I am still trying to get my mind around.  I mean, what makes a rape legitimate? I  just can't figure it out. Is it legitimate if the rapist doesn't beat you, use a gun or a knife, but just verbally threatens death and disfigurement.  Or is it legitimate if the victim is at wearing a mini skirt and tank top and knocking back a few beers? Or, looking through the other end of the telescope can someone tell me what makes a rape illegitimate?

The women at the Republican convention haven't figured it out yet either.  According to Irin Carmon who paid a visit to the so called Women's Pavilion at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, the women there just think men are "clueless."  They're not angry just a little aggravated. Boys will be boys, even congressmen.

Maybe they've decided to live in an alternative reality.

No comments: