Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dreamland

Sometimes I think I am my most creative when I am asleep. I am a veritable Shakespeare of dreamland—writing, producing and directing five act dramas all shot in brilliant technicolor with complicated plot lines and lots of characters. How to bring all that energy and creativity to my conscious, everyday life is the challenge.

Lately I’ve been dreaming a lot about Steve. The dreams aren’t happy or sad just very intense. He’s not always on his best behavior. Sometimes he’s annoying the hell out of me as admittedly he could do. We did have epic fights especially when we were first married. Once when we lived in an apartment building on Locust Street, he threw a bunch of my clothes out the window. They landed in the tree outside our building. Who knows how I finally retrieved them.

My apartment is studded with pictures of the two of us. We’re happy in all of them. Looking at them doesn't make me sad but sometimes I do feel anxious. I don't ever want to forget what it was like to be together.

No comments: