Monday, May 3, 2010

Un Pranzo Buonissimo

One of the joys of eating dinner alla Marcella is knowing that you can double dip: All that fabulous food, albeit a smaller quantity, will be waiting in the refrigerator come lunchtime the next day. (I hate to use the word "leftover" to describe this bounty which in no way resembles the half empty boxes of indeterminate Chinese takeout often to be found in my fridge at home.) So today, for example, I got to eat the remains of a truly extraordinary risotto alle fragole--yes, rice cooked slowly with strawberries and wine, the whole thing a delicate pink color--which Marcella prepared for us last night.

Of course, I now have to spend the rest of the afternoon walking up and up and up the hills to pay for my double dipping. But, as I said to myself as I sat down to lunch, when will I have the chance to eat risotto alle fragole again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.