Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Rant

I live in a tropical rain forest but without the heat. Or maybe it's the Pacific Northwest or maybe its a mushroom factory in Kennett Square because it sure smells like it. It hasn't stopped raining for six days. The sheets are clammy; the towels never dry; I can't hang the wash. I go to bed with the rain and wake up to the rain. I don't believe it will ever stop.

Today we had about 2 hours of sun in the afternoon. I quickly threw on my sneakers and went out for a run before the next round of storms. Thank goodness I could avoid my daily trip to the gym where some punky and very angry 20 year old always seems to come when I am there and who insists on playing his own music--a disc of heinous rap music, the lyrics of which largely consist of fuck you, fuck you, fuck you interspersed with motherfucker all at full blast of course. I've asked him to turn the volume down or wait until I leave, but to no avail. He clearly thinks I am some annoying old bag and I can go fuck myself. Grrr.

No comments: