Wednesday, August 13, 2008

At Last...Gazpacho!



Liz and Giul, aka The Happy Couple, are here for the rest of the summmer! And they brought with them a huge cooler of goodies from the big city. My little refrigerator is overflowing with assorted cheeses, meats, olives and tasty bites, along with the left overs from last night's Indian dinner.

Best of all, they brought gorgeous, juicy and incredibly flavorful tomatoes. (We've been deprived here in Maine due to the unrelentingly soggy weather.) Which means I could make this summer's very first batch of gazpacho.

The recipe I use is ridiculously easy. I cut up about 4 tomatoes, a large cuke, a large pepper, a medium onion and a clove of garlic and whirl it all in the cuisinart. Pour into a bowl and add a small can of V8 juice, around a 1/4 cup of good olive oil, a little less of sherry vinegar, salt and pepper and, my special ingredient, smoked picante pimenton. Delicioso!

1 comment:

Toni G said...

Hey Ellen.

Finally some sunshine for you guys (in the form of Happy Couple and an occasional let up of rain).....some tidbits gleaned from your Blog::::: appreciate simple recipe for gazpacho (I usually leave that to restaurateurs because of laziness) so I will give it a go and how do you transfer digital images to the blog? I have not mastered that technique yet. If it's as simple as the recipe, maybe I could do it.

The entire Alperin/Goldberg clan off to Avalon next week thanks to my Liz's friends who have loaned us their beach house. There will be 17 of us and just in case, Liz has rented an efficiency at The Golden Inn (where we probably will stick Bob to keep him happy and quiet!!!!)

Love to Steve.