Monday, September 17, 2012

There Will Be Brisket

Fresh from a glorious weekend in Hudson, New York for Sanaya and Chris' splendid wedding, I am ensconced in the kitchen making Rosh Hashanah dinner for a large crowd of family and friends.  Like a true Jewish mother and cook, I panicked this morning and worried that I hadn't prepared enough brisket for everybody.   (Being a vegetarian, I toyed with the notion of not making brisket at all and serving fish in its place.  But tradition won out and I didn't want to disappoint those who are incapable of imagining a New Year's dinner without brisket.) So I rushed out to the store bright and early and bought another piece of meat to cook.   

2 comments:

Toni G said...

and it was wonderful and appreciated......along with everything else.......

Unknown said...

Time to come back to your blog Ellen.
xo toni