Saturday, June 4, 2011

Weather Report

There is still snow on Mt. Washington!

And today on my run the air was so clear I felt like I could just reach out and touch it. It is a quintessential Maine Day--cool in the shade and hot in the sun. I've had the whole gamut of weather this vacation. Unseasonably hot weather over Memorial Day Weekend followed by a ferocious hail storm one morning that littered the deck with marble sized balls of ice. Then for a few days it was freezing. I built huge fires and had soup for lunch. At night, I jumped into my bed and really missed that big blonde hairy beast I used to cuddle with.

I'm leaving Maine tomorrow for Montana and I won't be back until the end of the month. By then, the lilacs and the lilies of the valley will be gone but the goldenrod will be coming up. Maybe the lake will be warmer and I can begin to think about going for a dip. And maybe the house won't feel quite as strange when I return.

No comments: