Friday, December 17, 2010

In Jamaica

I'm in Jamaica alone without Steve. I've been in Jamaica several times by myself during Liz's tenure here over the past few years. But, like all things now that Steve is gone, this time feels different. I'm just so conscious of all the things he's missing. He won't meet Rocco, Liz and Giul's new dog. He won't see how big Pella has grown. He won't see how much progress they've made on their land or the bungalow they are building there.

I have to tell him all these things and much more. I have to feel his happiness and glow with his pride. I have to carry him inside me wherever I go.

1 comment:

Toni G said...

"I have to carry him inside me wherever I go."

LIFES EVERYDAY DISCOVERIES ARE DOUBLY JOYFUL AND DOUBLY PAINFUL BUT WE MUST TREK ON.......EACH IN OUR OWN WAY. I WISH YOU GOOD TRAVELS ELLEN.