Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back in Maine

It took me almost 10 hours to get here thanks to horrendous traffic around New York, but my IPod shuffle kept me going all the way to the lake. I love crossing the bridge in Portsmouth, NH into Maine and suddenly the air feels and smells so different and I just can't wait to get to the house and start the summer.

I've been here less than one week and already I have amazing mosquito bites including two huge welts on my forehead that made me look like I'm sprouting antlers. I've had lobster once and am looking forward to another round this week. I've played two sets of tennis and wasn't half bad despite the long layoff. I've watched a spectacular sunset from the dock and, best of all, it's wonderfully quiet--no camps in session yet--just loons not boats on the lake.

Naturally, I have not been in the lake and have no immediate plans to take the plunge. (At this point, July looks doubtful. Even Steve says the water is freezing.) But I've run the road, joined the gym, and begun to fantasize about next year's wedding on site--August 22, 2009. Save the date!!

1 comment:

alittlehoney said...

aw ellen. i can't wait to get up there with you!

and enjoy this peace while you can missy. we're comin'.